or Reduce & Reuse
We don’t throw anything away!
Cloths that are not cut well will fall through our quality control for the 2/3 and Family sets, but of course we don’t just throw them away, we make them to:
- BottleCaps, approx. 10 x 15 cm, which can be used for closing bottles, but also for e.g. avocados in cut or yoghurt cups.
- From the left-overs of the BottleCaps again we spin our fire balls 😉! Because of the wax, this little ball can be used as spark for your campfire. One ball burns for about 5 minutes.
If you order 3 beeGoodies products in our online shop, you will currently receive 5 additional fire balls – until stocks lasts.
But we also try to reduce packaging and waste in our own household as much as possible and to use things several times, so not only Reduce but also Reuse.
What are the possibilities for Reuse?
- Recup cups: RECUP is the Germany-wide reusable deposit system for coffee-to-go cups. Here you can find more information: https://recup.de/sogehts The cups are partly available with city names and individual designs and at many places like gas stations etc. you can even get your coffee cheaper in them.
- Reusable nets for weighing fruit and vegetables in the supermarket, because attention! Bags made of “bioplastics” are also not an alternative! https://www.umweltbundesamt.de/themen/tueten-aus-bioplastik-sind-keine-alternative The term “bioplastics” can mean two things: biobased, i.e. made from renewable raw materials, and/or biodegradable. In fact, not every plastic made from renewable raw materials is biodegradable. Conversely, not all biodegradable plastics are made from renewable raw materials. But even bags made of biodegradable plastic can pollute nature for longer than many people think.
- Upcycling is also a form of reuse. On Youtube, Instagram and Pinterest there are many ideas for making new modern clothes from worn clothing with a few simple steps. Or to convert them: Socks can be used as cell phone holders while jogging. T-shirts become shopping bags, shirts perhaps gift “paper”? Tins become flower pots and much more.
We ask for your ideas!
Why don’t you try what you can implement in your life and send us more ideas for upcycling and reuse – plus pic. The most creative ideas will be published on Instagram and we will raffle off a drying rack from beeGoodies among the submissions until the end of May 2020, which you can use again and again.
In the next blog post we will take up the topic of household helpers like in grandma’s time.